Drawn from her extensive experience as a nationally recognized speaker, master facilitator and panel moderator, Kristin Arnold provides a step-by-step approach to help you moderate a lively and informative panel discussion.
With this 24 page user-friendly guide, you will learn five steps to successfully moderate a panel discussion like a pro, including:
- The moderator’s role and responsibilities
- Various panel formats
- How to clarify the starting conditions
- How to select, invite and confirm interesting panelists
- How to prepare to moderate the panel – including how to research the topic, the panelists and the audience, write the welcome, curate the questions you will ask, decide the audience Q&A format, determine the logistics, assemble the slideshow and promote the session.
- How to moderate the panel, including things to do just before the session starts, how to open the session, get the conversation started, keep the conversation moving briskly, intervene firmly and respectfully.
- How to facilitate the audience Q&A
- How to conclude the session
- How to follow up once the session is over!
Everything you need to know is in this step-by-step guide. By incorporating just a few of these best practices, you will dramatically improve your ability to moderate an amazingly successful panel discussion.
Kristin Arnold MBA, CSP, CPAE Speaker Hall of Fame, CPF | Master, is passionate about making all panel discussions more engaging, interactive and collaborative. She has surveyed and studied what makes panel discussions absolutely fabulous – or not.
Since 1993, Kristin is the founder and President of Quality Process Consultants, a boutique consulting firm specializing in galvanizing leaders and their teams to think things through, make better collaborative decisions to achieve sustainable results.
She’s a high stakes meeting facilitator, trainer, keynote speaker and panel moderator, known for her concrete approaches and practical concepts, tools and techniques her clients can apply immediately to see positive, substantive results.
Kristin was one of the first female graduates of the United States Coast Guard Academy and the first woman stationed onboard the USCGC Buttonwood, a seagoing buoy tender.
She parlayed her understanding of teams and teamwork with an MBA in Marketing Strategy into a specialized management consulting firm focused on building extraordinary teams in the workplace.
She is an award-winning author and Past President of the US National Speakers Association. She divides her time between Scottsdale, Arizona and Prince Edward Island, Canada.